Short guideline how to use ViTBAT:
- use ‘open video’ button (currently it uploads avi and mp4 files)
- if previously annotated file(s) exist for a particular video, it will request the user whether to upload or not the existing annotations.
- while uploading the video you will be asked to choose state representation (either point-based or bounding-box (rectangle) based). Choose the one appropriate for your application.
- use the button ‘+new target’ in the individual state panel to create new target and place the mouse button on the image for drawing the state.
- use ‘Play/stop’ button to navigate through the video and select key-frames and the tool will perform interpolation between the minimum and maximum key frame states.
- make sure that group members’ individual states are already annotated.
- use the button ‘+new group’ to create new group and select the group members.
- to start group annotation press the ‘start annotate’ button and play the video up to the point the group annotation is to be done. At the desired end of group frame, press ‘end annotation’ to complete the annotation.
- using the edit button you can add new group members or remove old members at the desired frame.
- use the radio buttons ‘individual’ or ‘group’ to select the type of behavior annotation.
- define new behavior labels using ‘+new behavior’ button. Defined behaviors can be edited using the editor button.
- to start annotation of individual (group) behavior select the desired ID in the individual (group) panel and the desired behavior label in the ‘behavior List’. Once the individual (group) id and behavior are selected use the ‘start annotation’ button to start the annotation and play up to the desired end of behavior frame. At the end of the behavior frame press ‘end annotation’ to complete the behavior annotation.
- the color of ‘behavior’ plot is similar to the color of the target (group) state color.
- select the ‘set up’ in the parameters menu and set desired parameters value for better visualization of annotations.
- use the zoom in or out in the tool bar to play (see) zoomed version of the video
- to save annotations using ‘save annotations’ in the File menu
- to save the annotated video use ‘save annotated video’ in the File menu